Founding a Company
HYAQU is a new Portland Ecommerce Corporation, founded in July 2011. Co-Founded by Edward T. Nista & Sylviane Norris.
HYAQU is a product of today’s lacking ecommerce experience and web mashery. We are combining a lot of what makes the Web awesome into one unique store in an effort to streamline the decision making process for shoppers everywhere.
How I Shop Now:
- I discover new products on blogs and in the news, seldom do I see an Advertisement and say “boy I need that”. I use twitter to discover relevant news and blogs to keep up to date on the latest gadgets: phones, cameras, computers, and other random items.
- I visit Amazon, Newegg, ConsumerReviews, Shopzilla, Pronto, Fat Wallet and try to see how I can get the best deal on the product and if it’s really any good by what people are saying about it who’ve purchased.
- I visit each store and Amazon for the most part markets me products based on my past purchases which often I find irrelevant.
- Lots of ecommerce stores allow you to make wish lists of products you like, but they hide the wish lists deep in the site.
- A lot of times I want something but can’t afford it and although I use mint to monitor my expenses, I find myself checking my balance a lot to see if I have enough money in my account, but often forget that I have Rent due soon or am already in debt to Discover Card for $1000. Instead I say “hey, sure I can afford that, i’ll just have to make sandwiches for lunch for a couple months” and so I still end up getting into more debt.
- The Median US Household Income is $46,326. That’s close to what I’ve been making for the last few years. So after taxes I’m looking at about $30,000/year minus rent and utilities and food and water, and so you can see I’m not really saving much money, I’m living paycheck to paycheck.
- HYAQU started with the idea that consumers could bargain with vendors over product prices, but we decided that this would be pretty hard to do if we didn’t have any users and didn’t have any vendors. Instead we started building a smarter comparison shopping engine. How is it Smarter? Well you’ll just have to wait and see.
- Today I go through many steps to find the right purchase, but hopefully in the future that won’t be the case. We want to streamline the whole process for consumers and make it easier for individuals to find great products that they’re actually interested in, by organizing all that great information into one special place.
Development of HYAQU is taking place in Stanford, CA by Andrea Bittau (CTO), David Terei, and Deian Stefan.
Game Development: We are also working to bring this same great experience to multiple platforms through a Facebook Game initially and later to mobile OS’s. The game is currently in Pre-Production as we are actively searching for the perfect game developer for this project.
We hope to have HYAQU ready for a November launch next year and look forward to entering our service into the web stratosphere as soon as it’s ready. HYAQU will be a free online shopping service requesting a bit of customization and personal profiling, but will also allow for a basic all encompassing solution for people who just want to experience HYAQU.
Thank you for checking in
-Edward T. Nista CEO/Co-Founder @ HYAQU INC
Twitter Handle: @AM3R1CN